Keep an eye out for the residential tower of The Austonian, which is growing at a rate of one floor per week. Austinites can keep track of the progress simply by glancing up at the numbers posted on each level of the building. When complete in early 2010, the 56-story luxury condominium tower will be the tallest residential building West of the Mississippi.
Highlights of construction progress follows:
• Level 13 was poured on August 20, 2008
• The Level 14 deck is 40% in place
• Structural steel on Level 14 is 90% complete, and concrete is scheduled to pour on August 27, 2008
• Block masonry installation is taking place at ground level exterior areas
• Fire protection sprinkler lines are installed in the podium to Level 6
• The installation of light fixtures in the podium is 50% complete
• The Austin Energy Chilled Water Group is scheduled to start water line installation in September 2008
• The creation of the precast concrete panels to be included in the podium skin began off site on August 18, 2008
Check out the most recent construction photo (looking northwest).